Friday, December 14, 2012

2013 TBR Pile Reading Challenge

Hey guys! I'm not usually big on participating on challenges... their just another thing at the back of my mind that I must not lose track of. But I think this challenge, hosted by Evie from Bookish and six other bloggers, makes sense for my current situation. It hope it'll motivate me!

The idea of the challenge? To read a certain number of books released in 2012 or earlier! And since there are soooo many of those, especially series I have decided I must begin after all, this plays into my reading plans.

Sign-ups are open until December 15, so hurry up if you want to participate! (I simply consider myself fashionably late :P ) Click the banner above for the exact rules and to get to the linky.

There are five levels on which you can participate. It's always possible to upgrade, but not to downgrade.

1-10 - A Firm Handshake
11-20 - A Friendly Hug
21-30 - A Sweet Kiss
31-40 - Love At First Sight
41-50 - Married With Children

I've decided to try my hand at A Sweet Kiss. It sounds manageable without being too restrictive.


Need incentives? There will be giveaways every month, as well as another EPIC one in December!


Here are some of the books I'm planning to read. I'll add more as I go along, and I'll probably copy this book into a separate page at the top of the blog.

  • All 5 books in the Parasol Protectorate series by Gail Carriger (I bought a box set)
  • Divergent by Veronica Roth, unless I start it this year already. Then it'll be Insurgent.
  • The Book Thief, by Markus Zusak
  • Graceling, by Kristin Cashore
  • Velveteen, by Daniel Marks
  • Slumber, by Samantha Young
  • something by Amanda Hocking
  • Hourglass, by Myra McEntire
  • Falling To Ash, by Karen Mahoney (can't believe I didn't get around to this!)
  • something by Libba Bray, probably The Diviners
  • The Soul Thief (UK Demon Trappers #2), by Jana Oliver
  • Exiled, by M.R. Merrick
  • Flight, by Alyssa Rose Ivy
  • Lola and the Boy Next Door, by Stephanie Perkins
  • Throne of Glass, by Sarah J. Maas
That's already 15, and I could easily have gone on longer!!! My pile is an abyss. Sometimes I despair. (Actually almost every day)


What about you guys? Are you also on this challenge, and what others have you signed up for? Any suggestions on what simply must go on my list? Let me know in the comments :)

No comments:

Post a Comment